Frequently Asked Technical Questions
Selecting a Headset
- Rosetta Stone®'s speech-recognition technology is a key element of our language-learning solution. In order to utilize this feature, you'll need a device equipped with a microphone: either a headset or earbuds that are not wireless.
- For best results, the device should be certified for speech recognition, either by the vendor or a third party.
- We recommend that it have a directional microphone and noise-cancellation capability. The microphone part of the device should easily adjust into a consistent position, one to two inches from the corner of your mouth.
- Please note: Earbuds that feature the microphone on the cord are typically not recommended, as the microphone may be too far from the mouth and will pick up ambient noise, background noise, etc. which disrupts the effectiveness of speech recognition.
I’m unable to sign in, what do I do? You have been assigned your own username and password, here is the link to the Bridgeway Custom Login Page. Here are the steps to log in. If you receive an “Authentication failed” message, that indicates that either the website and/or your credentials are incorrect. We recommend double-checking that information if you see that message. If you are still unable to log in, please out to your advisor or Bridgeway support to confirm your credentials.
What should I do if I’m having trouble setting up my headset? Rosetta Stone’s speech exercises require the use of a microphone. We recommend using a USB headset with computers and other devices that have USB ports. Here are instructions on how to set up the desired microphone on your computer. If you are setting up your headset for the first time, you will need to configure some settings to allow Rosetta Stone to use your microphone. Chrome users will also need to allow Rosetta Stone access to the microphone via the privacy prompt.
Optimizing Speech Recognition
Here's how to get the best results with our speech recognition.
- For best results, use a USB device: either a USB headset or USB earbuds equipped with a microphone.
- Make sure your headset's microphone is positioned beside your mouth and approximately 1 inch away from your cheek.
- During speaking exercises, wait 2 seconds after the beep to begin speaking
- Make sure your USB headset is your default sound input/output device. See the instructions for sound settings on your computer.
You can also adjust your Speech Precision Level.
- Start Rosetta Course.
- Click the Preferences icon.
- Click the Audio Settings tab. Your device may be listed as C-Media USB Audio Device, USB VoIP Device or other USB Device.
- Use the slider to adjust your Speech Precision Level.
- Click Apply Changes.
What to do if you receive an error message:
- Log out of all web browsers on any devices that you have used to access Rosetta Stone and then log back in. Multiple connections for the same account can create an error.
- Review your internet connection and make sure that your device and browser are up to date.
- Search our Support Portal for articles with step-by-step instructions to resolve common errors.
How do I contact technical support?
- Phone: 1-877-223-9848 (option 2, then option 2 again)
- E-mail: email@example.com