Welcome to the Bridgeway Learning Center help page. The following information is designed to help you understand the benefits and functions available to you in your BLC dashboard.
Below are some quick links to accessing the content you need easier:
- CLICK HERE to learn how to access your dashboard
- CLICK HERE to learn how to view course details and progress for your students
- CLICK HERE to learn how to access student samples or other document uploads
Accessing Your Dashboard
Charter teachers can access the Bridgeway Learning Center to view student grades and progress by navigating to: http://learn.homeschoolacademy.com/charter
Login using the username and password that you received via email. To reset your password, select Forgot username or password to have a reset link emailed to you. Your username will always be your email address.
Once logged in, you will have a view of the students assigned to you by your organization.
(NOTE: If a student from within your organization has been reassigned, please submit a support ticket by clicking New Support Ticket above to request that a student be reassigned.)
Please take a few minutes to view this short video walking you through your Bridgeway Learning Center account and its convenient features.
View Details and Progress
Your teacher login makes it easy to check student progress and current grades as needed. Simply click on View Details to see each course a student is enrolled in. You will see the student's course progress, completion percentage, as well as the current grade. Click on View Progress to see the detailed activity completion for the course. Click View Progress again to hide the progress.
HINT! The Live Online Class Teacher name and contact email address is listed next to each course section name.
Refer to the legend below for more information about grades from Moodle:
- SEMESTER GRADES: S1 and S2 grades are static grades that are added to the gradebook at the end of the semester. Grades are cumulative so the final grade will be for all coursework through the year, not the average of S1 and S2.
- REAL-TIME GRADES: The grade in the orange box is the real-time, cumulative grade from Moodle. This grade includes all of the activities that have been graded. Grade categories are weighted in Moodle so this is not the average of all grades, but a computed grade based on the gradebook settings in Moodle.
- COURSE PROGRESS: Course progress is computed by dividing the number of activities completed by the number of required activities in the course.
- VIEWING ASSIGNMENT GRADES: The grade for the assignment is shown next to the green checkmark.
- MISSING GRADES: If a grade is not shown, it is because the activity is not yet graded or is not a graded activity. Some situations when this might occur include:
- Assignments are marked as completed with a green checkmark as soon as they are submitted, however, the grade is not shown until the assignment is graded.
- Some assignments are not graded but are still required for course completion. In this instance, you will see completed next to the green checkmark. An example of a non-graded assignment could be a forum discussion or a practice activity.
The document upload tool is a great way for Charter teachers to request samples of student work or view specific assignments required by the course instructor. It also allows you to keep course samples or other assignments organized and directly connected to the related course.
To take advantage of this convenient feature:
- Keep in mind that students and parents will not automatically upload assignments or documents to the Bridgeway Learning Center. If you wish to take advantage of this convenient feature, reach out to your student or parent to request that they upload specific samples for your review.
- Instruct parents to scan and upload documents for your review. Remind them to select the related course for each assignment.
- Once a document is uploaded, you will automatically receive an email notification that the document was uploaded.
- To view uploaded documents, click on View Documents.
- Click on the uploaded document name to view the file.
- Click View under the notes column to view the notes entered by the parents when uploading the document.
Learn more about uploading work samples here.