Sufficient technology and Internet access are required to complete online classes. The basic technology requirements for online students are outlined below. Note: Even if students are not taking online classes, access to a computer and the internet is required to access information about your student's courses and progress through the Bridgeway Learning Center.
Basic Technical Requirements:
- Standard laptops and desktops; running Windows, Mac OSX, and Chrome OS are supported.
- Smartphones and tablets (including iPads) are not fully supported.
- Our website and learning center are mobile-friendly, but not all of our learning content is compatible with iPads and other mobile devices.
- Operating System: Windows 10; Mac OSX 10.8 or newer
- Most of our applications and 3rd Party sites are compatible with Windows 7 and 8, and with it Internet Explorer. However, these operating systems and web browser are no longer supported and may cause issues.
- High-speed Internet connection (Cable, DSL)
- Most DSL speeds max out at 6 Mbps, most Cable internet speeds start at 25 Mbps. Cable internet is recommended and has the most reliable connection.
- “Tethered” wi-fi hotspots (cellular) or satellite Internet may be unsatisfactory
- Supported browsers: Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome
- Safari is also compatible with our content. However, it is known to have issues, we recommend using Chrome or Firefox when using Mac OSX
- It is recommended to adjust your firewall or anti-virus software to allow our sites and 3rd party applications.
- Home Wifi network
- The current Wifi technology standard is AC, also known as Wifi 5. An AC1000 router is minimal, we recommend AC1750 or higher.
- If you are in an older home with plaster walls, or a larger home over 2500SqFt, we recommend a mesh network. Linksys Velop, Eero Pros, and Google Wifi are examples of mesh networks.
- World Language courses require speakers and a microphone, Placement testing for Grades K-3 require speakers and a microphone.
- We recommend (and courses may require) the latest versions of:
Students will need a program to create and edit documents online. The standard for this is Microsoft Office. *It is not necessary to purchase a program if you don’t already have it; free alternatives such as OpenOffice or Google docs can be used.
Bridgeway Academy advisors and our technical support team have an expansive knowledge of computer technology and our Learning Management System. Our support team also has remote diagnostic tools, allowing them to “see” a student’s computer and help diagnose issues from a distance. Visit the Bridgeway Help Portal to chat with Bridgeway Bob, review support articles or submit a support ticket.
Below is the information about the browser you are using: Start Online Support Session